Translate

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Staying motivated

Staying motivated after the loss of a child and domestic violence is easier said than done. I have found this very difficult to achieve. There are days when I lay in bed and just want to cry. I have found a few ways to stay motivated. Thinking positive. I realize that this is hard. Set one goal each day to motivate towards that day. Although, it may not seem like much but one step is better than nothing. I have found this easier to set a routine. Thinking positive thoughts while creating a daily plan.The daily goals must be realistic if efforts to main them. For example, a goal would be to accomplish the household chores and cook dinner. It's realistic and does help to gain a restructure to everyday activities. Positive attitude  helps create a outlook for staying positive. Stress and depression can create  aches of the body. From experience I did not want to do anything! Writing on a blog or writing on a mirror to stay positive is a motivation. Rewarding ones self by cooking and knowing others enjoy your recipes will help to reward ones self. Every individual is different. Starting with small things and building up is important.It is difficult to become motivated when you are depressed.  Let me say though that attitude is most important.  I find it hard to even get dressed in the mornings. One can even start with smaller things of gratitude for motivation. This can include having nice nails and nice hair. Words that I continue to say to myself everyday is "I will get through this."




No comments:

Post a Comment