Translate

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Dealing with my depression and anxiety

I have been dealing with my depression in different ways. As I have withdrawn myself from activities and had panic attacks that spiked my blood pressure up to 220/180 not allowing me to work. This also making things worse financially and pushing a deeper depression. There are things that can be done to help a friend with depression and anxiety. As I deal with this on a daily basis I find certain things that make me feel worse and some that actually help me throughout my days.
  •  
  •  Don't give pep talks saying "cheer up" we all realize that we are depressed but snapping out of it is just not as easy as it seems.
  •  Listen and be a ear that they need. I know talking with someone I trust helps ease my mind.
  • Be Understanding. If you have not suffered from depression one may not fully understand what one may be going through.  
  • Try to be as sympathetic as possible. Don’t be judgmental.  
Different books and authors have also helped me through the years. One of my favorites is that of Helen Keller. A great inspiration to many.
"I am younger today than I was at twenty-five. Of course the furrows of suffering have been dug deeper, but so have those of understanding sympathy and inner happiness. Whatever age may do to my earthly shell, I shall never grow cynical or indifferent—and one cannot measure the reserve power locked up in that assurance."
- Helen Keller





No comments:

Post a Comment