Translate

Monday, July 22, 2013

How I deal with my son being gone! (Stages of Grief)

There are many ways that people grieve over the loss of loved ones. There is no specific way or stages that one may follow. However, I wanted to share the stages and let everyone know they are not alone even if the stages are not in order to a specific pattern. I know from experience with my child's death, that I took criticism (and still do) when people thought or think  I should be grieving a certain way. I had to keep in mind and still do, that they may not fully understand the process of grieving. The stages may include but are not limited to shock,anger,depression and guilt. These steps change ones life completely and may even change ones thoughts on life and their career. I have found that in the shock stage I was in denial. I did not want to believe my son was gone. I still don't. I found that the anger towards everything became heightened. I wanted answers and am still searching for them to this day. I found myself in deep depression that makes me want to not socialize with anyone. This creating a hardship on family and friends. However, if friends truly understand this part of grief they understand why. A good support system is a must through any process like this. Everyone is quick to point out that a journal will help. Sounds cheesy right?  Those were my thoughts. However, writing out my thoughts into a blog to share how I am is helping me cope. Everyone copes in different ways. I have placed an interest in cooking and blogging. Something I never thought possible for me. I have also learned that taking life by the moments and thinking positive helps to enjoy the smaller things in life.


No comments:

Post a Comment