Translate

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Racing Thoughts Keep Me Awake Too!


  When it is time to go to sleep one's mind continues to race and the thoughts are overwhelming. From the daily events to events that are beyond one's control. Racing thoughts are thoughts that occur rapidly. This usually happens when one has anxiety disorders. However, it can occur with other mental illnesses as well.



Racing thoughts are generally explained as the mind brings up thoughts randomly and uncontrollably. The thoughts can become irritating and overwhelming. This can also make one lose track of time as these thoughts are continuous and may lead from one subject to the other. The thoughts may also be random thoughts that one may get out of nowhere! This prevents one from sleeping sometimes especially me! My thoughts can be so random that it may not be just one topic. I may be having memories of my deceased son one moment and thinking about a TV show I would love to see and them BAM I am thinking about the bills and finances the next. There are treatments for the racing thoughts but there is no cure. Some of the treatments include that of behavioral therapy. Healthy lifestyles, regular sleep patterns, avoiding drugs and alcohol, eating healthy and my favorite which is the breathing techniques with relaxing music.



No comments:

Post a Comment