Translate

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Relationships,Intimacy after Trauma!


         


          There are many different things that people endure on a daily basis. Trauma is not one of the daily events. However, trauma happens. The question is what happens after that? There are many challenges that are included after a trauma. Trauma may include may include that of a divorce,emotional abuse, physical abuse,rape,death and may more variations. These factors can hinder the relationship that one can try to endure as they "move forward".  Many individuals find that relationships are harder to maintain and influence the actions that one carries in their interactions with others.
         Reactions vary and are different for each individual person as the trauma is different for everyone. In my case, I lost my son,got a divorce after domestic violence and I am faced with the everyday challenge of security and the sense of holding on to the future.  Traumatic events have deeply shaken the way that I handle life in it's entirety. Learning to deal with the emotional pain as "moving forward" is not a choice as the life clock does not stop for just me. Ways to cope with is what I would like to be able to share with everyone. After suffering any kind of abuse or loss of a child, it takes tremendous courage to date or share love for someone else's children. It is even harder to accept love and intimacy in its entirety. There are many signs that one can look for in terms of roadblocks that can help ones path become much easier.
           The path for everyone is different. My methods may not work for everyone. However, I have chose to minimize the isolation in efforts to regain a sense of hope and look at the positive of different things. I have found that discussing different aspects of what I have experienced has helped be to build a bond with someone new. Learning that tragic events do not happen everyday and maintaining the attitude that not every man is the same. I have learned to engage more in life activities as the help of social events and build a support group that one is able to trust.

           These methods help me when I am down as I am freely able to express myself among other people so that people can understand what I am feeling and where my next mood may come from. Being able to discuss feelings is very important and having someone that one can talk to in confidence helps one to be able to stay positive. Remember to "always try" Just because one thing went sour doesn't mean everything is sour!



"In loving memory my son  Tyler Murry 7/26/04- 02/12/2013 My Hero-My Angel in heaven after 8 short years you taught me so much!"



No comments:

Post a Comment